The Law Center currently seeks a Communications and Public Education Officer. This person will manage all press, website and social media content. He or she will assist with writing articles for our newsletter and will be the
primary person for writing op eds and press releases. This person will be the lead on press engagement and working with existing media contacts, establishing
new contacts and assisting clients with media opportunities.
This person will assist as needed with membership mailings and general data entry; and assist as needed with planning, implementation and promotion of special events.
Minimum of three years of experience in communications. Must be an excellent writer and communicator, have media contacts or willingness to develop them; be able to see big-picture policy and strategy ideas while also focusing on detail.
Please send a cover letter, resume, writing sample and three references to Janiece Jonsin at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
1405 Luisa Street, Suite 5
Santa Fe, N.M 87505.
Competitive non-profit salary DOE and generous benefits. The Law Center's environmental justice casework covers the state of New Mexico. The Law Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No telephone calls please.
Public Education & Press Media:
- manage media relations by developing strong relationships with media reps and maximizing media opportunities. Ensure public views organization favorably by proactively generating earned media stories
- assist clients & allies to maximize media opportunities
- manage & post online and social media content. Create rich and creative content that is in line with our brand, engages audience segments, and leads to measurable action
- manage the development and maintenance of all electronic media including, website, press releases, email alerts, videos, special projects, etc.
- maintain brand and reputation, including in re-branding efforts, and external media relations
- use monitoring tools that track communications targets and identify measurable benchmarks for success (ex: Google Analytics)
- write advertising copy
- lead on writing and dissemination of Op Eds and press releases
- develop, implement and evaluate annual communications plans in collaboration with the development team
- assist with fundraising and public education through creative communications that are in line with our brand
- assist with mailings as needed
- assist with general data entry as needed
- assist with renewals
- assist with planning, implementation and promotion
- design and post Website event announcements
- disseminate vent press
- point person for Requests for Assistance
- develop annual department budget
- volunteer management for department