The New Mexico Environmental Law Center gave the annual Toxic Turkey Award to the Oil Conservation Division (OCD) and the Oil Conservation Commission (OCC) for their failure to adequately regulate the oil and gas industry. The Law Center gives the Toxic Turkey Award to a person or group that has shown extraordinary disregard for New Mexico’s environment. The award was presented at the Law Center’s annual members-only Member Appreciation Party in Santa Fe on December 2nd, 2018.
- ‘Ignored for 70 years’: human rights group to investigate uranium contamination on Navajo Nation
- Navajo Uranium Mining Case Reaches Important Milestone with Inter-American Commission on Human Rights
- Navajo group alleges U.S. violated human rights in uranium mine licensing
- Navajo group claims uranium mining violates its human rights
- Diné Organization Files Petition Against United States, Citing Human Rights Violations