The New Mexico Environmental Law Center gave the annual Toxic Turkey Award to the Oil Conservation Division (OCD) and the Oil Conservation Commission (OCC) for their failure to adequately regulate the oil and gas industry. The Law Center gives the Toxic Turkey Award to a person or group that has shown extraordinary disregard for New Mexico’s environment. The award was presented at the Law Center’s annual members-only Member Appreciation Party in Santa Fe on December 2nd, 2018.
- New Study Shows Santolina Development Project Based on Unrealistic & Highly Unlikely Population, Jobs & Housing Growth Projections
- IACHR Grants Thematic Hearing on Impacts to Indigenous Peoples’ Human Rights from Uranium Exploitation
- Executive Summary of UNM BBER Report “Potential Impacts of Santolina Development”
- Court Stops ABQ City Council from Purging Previous Air Board
- City Council Intimidation Results in Rushed Air Board Regulation Hearing