The New Mexico Environmental Law Center gave the annual Toxic Turkey Award to the Oil Conservation Division (OCD) and the Oil Conservation Commission (OCC) for their failure to adequately regulate the oil and gas industry. The Law Center gives the Toxic Turkey Award to a person or group that has shown extraordinary disregard for New Mexico’s environment. The award was presented at the Law Center’s annual members-only Member Appreciation Party in Santa Fe on December 2nd, 2018.
- Petition on Diné Human Rights Violations Accepted for Merits Hearing
- New Mexico Oil Oversight Agency, with Restored Authority, Plugs Orphaned Wells, Issues Fines
- Mountain View Neighborhood Wins Small Victory In Fight Against Asphalt Plant
- City Environmental Health Department Withdraws Motions to Disqualify Air Quality Control Board Members
- Mountain View is City’s Industrial Sacrifice Zone