Eric Jantz, staff attorney at the Law Center, has an article in the Summer 2018 edition of the Natural Resources Journal, published by the University of New Mexico Law School. Coincidentally, the co-Editor in Chief of that issue is Nadine Padilla, the Law Center’s Corinne Wolf Fellow for Transformative Advocacy. The article discusses the history behind the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) failed to implement environmental justice provisions in its processes, after the 1994 Executive Order 12898, issued by President Clinton and directing all executive branch agencies to commit to implement environmental justice policies. Eric also discusses how the NRC can still develop environmental justice policies using provisions in the Atomic Energy Act.
- ABQ Mayor Vetoes Bills That Would Have Purged Air Quality Control Board
- ABQ City Council Passes Bill to Abolish Current Air Board
- A Cruel Movida Against Environmental Justice
- Boarding Up: New legislation would stifle Albuquerque’s current Air Quality Board and replace it with a new one
- IACHR Makes Historic “Promotional Visit” to Churchrock & Crownpoint New Mexico