Eric Jantz, staff attorney at the Law Center, has an article in the Summer 2018 edition of the Natural Resources Journal, published by the University of New Mexico Law School. Coincidentally, the co-Editor in Chief of that issue is Nadine Padilla, the Law Center’s Corinne Wolf Fellow for Transformative Advocacy. The article discusses the history behind the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) failed to implement environmental justice provisions in its processes, after the 1994 Executive Order 12898, issued by President Clinton and directing all executive branch agencies to commit to implement environmental justice policies. Eric also discusses how the NRC can still develop environmental justice policies using provisions in the Atomic Energy Act.
- EPA Repeal of Water Rule Threatens New Mexico’s Waters and Communities
- Public Comments about Sandia National Laboratories’ Mixed Waste Landfill Five-Year Report
- Church Rock, America’s Forgotten Nuclear Disaster
- McKinley Uranium Working Group Gains/Loses County Commission Support
- District Court Denies Augustin Plains Ranch Application – Again!