Eric Jantz, staff attorney at the Law Center, has an article in the Summer 2018 edition of the Natural Resources Journal, published by the University of New Mexico Law School. Coincidentally, the co-Editor in Chief of that issue is Nadine Padilla, the Law Center’s Corinne Wolf Fellow for Transformative Advocacy. The article discusses the history behind the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) failed to implement environmental justice provisions in its processes, after the 1994 Executive Order 12898, issued by President Clinton and directing all executive branch agencies to commit to implement environmental justice policies. Eric also discusses how the NRC can still develop environmental justice policies using provisions in the Atomic Energy Act.
- BernCo, Don’t Let Another Polluter into the South Valley
- The “Culligan Man” Might be the New Water Source for Santolina Developers
- Community Responds to Bernalillo County Commission Approval of Santolina Tire Dump
- 2nd Annual National Green Amendment Day Tackles Environmental Injustice Through Collective Action
- Community Opposition Forces Santolina Hearing to Reschedule