“Albuquerque District Court Judge Shannon Bacon denied the ground water pumping application of Aquifer Science, a Nevada-based water speculator, to appropriate 350 acre feet of ground water in the East Mountain area of Albuquerque. The Office of the State Engineer had denied the application in 2014, but subsequently changed its position and supported the application during the appeal. The water was intended to be used for a 10,000-person golf course development. Residents in the area have spent 10 years and over $800,000 fighting the Aquifer Science application.”
- EPA Repeal of Water Rule Threatens New Mexico’s Waters and Communities
- Public Comments about Sandia National Laboratories’ Mixed Waste Landfill Five-Year Report
- Church Rock, America’s Forgotten Nuclear Disaster
- McKinley Uranium Working Group Gains/Loses County Commission Support
- District Court Denies Augustin Plains Ranch Application – Again!