“Albuquerque District Court Judge Shannon Bacon denied the ground water pumping application of Aquifer Science, a Nevada-based water speculator, to appropriate 350 acre feet of ground water in the East Mountain area of Albuquerque. The Office of the State Engineer had denied the application in 2014, but subsequently changed its position and supported the application during the appeal. The water was intended to be used for a 10,000-person golf course development. Residents in the area have spent 10 years and over $800,000 fighting the Aquifer Science application.”
- NM Begins Methane Rule Hearing
- A Report on Environmental Racism in NM, a Report Showing Small Business Covid Relief Went to Big Corps, Stunning New GA Polls & a Report Asking When Are Trump’s Actions Sedition?
- Biden, Kerry, Asphalt Fumes in the South Valley and “World War Zero”
- Targeted for Pollution: Southside Coalition Beefs Up With Technical Expert, Lawyers in Fight Against Asphalt Plant
- South Valley Neighborhood Appeals City’s Air Permit for Proposed Asphalt Plant