“Albuquerque District Court Judge Shannon Bacon denied the ground water pumping application of Aquifer Science, a Nevada-based water speculator, to appropriate 350 acre feet of ground water in the East Mountain area of Albuquerque. The Office of the State Engineer had denied the application in 2014, but subsequently changed its position and supported the application during the appeal. The water was intended to be used for a 10,000-person golf course development. Residents in the area have spent 10 years and over $800,000 fighting the Aquifer Science application.”
- Why won’t City Council address industrial air pollution?
- San Agustin Water Group Holds Fundraiser
- Air Board DENIES All Motions By Industry Trying to Disqualify Board Members Re Proposed Cumulative Impacts (HEEI) Regulation
- Joint Motion Dismisses Permit for Asphalt Plant due to Health Concerns
- South Valley Celebrates Revocation of Asphalt Plant’s Permit