On July 30, Percy Anderson and Janene Yazzie of the McKinley County Uranium Working Group, which has been seeking County Commission support for a Blue Ribbon Task Force to study the impacts of uranium mining in the County, appeared to get support from two of the three commissioners during their presentation to the Commission. But in an article in the Gallup Independent, positive comments made by the two commissioners at the meeting were not quoted, only statements that were skeptical of the Task Force and of the Working Group. Community members will continue to try to work with the Commissioners and the County Manager and decide on a strategy moving forward. Representative Patricia Lundstrom (District 9, McKinley & San Juan) had sent a letter to the Commissioners supporting creation of the Task Force. Read our Press Release
- Why won’t City Council address industrial air pollution?
- San Agustin Water Group Holds Fundraiser
- Air Board DENIES All Motions By Industry Trying to Disqualify Board Members Re Proposed Cumulative Impacts (HEEI) Regulation
- Joint Motion Dismisses Permit for Asphalt Plant due to Health Concerns
- South Valley Celebrates Revocation of Asphalt Plant’s Permit