On July 30, Percy Anderson and Janene Yazzie of the McKinley County Uranium Working Group, which has been seeking County Commission support for a Blue Ribbon Task Force to study the impacts of uranium mining in the County, appeared to get support from two of the three commissioners during their presentation to the Commission. But in an article in the Gallup Independent, positive comments made by the two commissioners at the meeting were not quoted, only statements that were skeptical of the Task Force and of the Working Group. Community members will continue to try to work with the Commissioners and the County Manager and decide on a strategy moving forward. Representative Patricia Lundstrom (District 9, McKinley & San Juan) had sent a letter to the Commissioners supporting creation of the Task Force. Read our Press Release
- EPA Repeal of Water Rule Threatens New Mexico’s Waters and Communities
- Public Comments about Sandia National Laboratories’ Mixed Waste Landfill Five-Year Report
- Church Rock, America’s Forgotten Nuclear Disaster
- McKinley Uranium Working Group Gains/Loses County Commission Support
- District Court Denies Augustin Plains Ranch Application – Again!