Our clients, the Southwest Organizing Project (SWOP), New Mexico Voices for Children, New Mexico State Senator Mimi Stewart, New Mexico State Senator Antoinette Sedillo Lopez, New Mexico State Representative G. Andrés Romero, and three residents of the impacted area filed a Complaint for Injunctive Relief against the U.S. Air Force and the U.S. Department of Defense. The Complaint alleges that the Air Force has failed to respond in a timely and effective manner to the “imminent and substantial endangerment to health or the environment” resulting from the decades-long leak at the Kirtland Air Force Base Bulk Fuels Facility and its associated plume of ethylene dibromide (EDB). You can read the Press Release.
- Why won’t City Council address industrial air pollution?
- San Agustin Water Group Holds Fundraiser
- Air Board DENIES All Motions By Industry Trying to Disqualify Board Members Re Proposed Cumulative Impacts (HEEI) Regulation
- Joint Motion Dismisses Permit for Asphalt Plant due to Health Concerns
- South Valley Celebrates Revocation of Asphalt Plant’s Permit