Our clients, the Southwest Organizing Project (SWOP), New Mexico Voices for Children, New Mexico State Senator Mimi Stewart, New Mexico State Senator Antoinette Sedillo Lopez, New Mexico State Representative G. Andrés Romero, and three residents of the impacted area filed a Complaint for Injunctive Relief against the U.S. Air Force and the U.S. Department of Defense. The Complaint alleges that the Air Force has failed to respond in a timely and effective manner to the “imminent and substantial endangerment to health or the environment” resulting from the decades-long leak at the Kirtland Air Force Base Bulk Fuels Facility and its associated plume of ethylene dibromide (EDB). You can read the Press Release.
- Changing the Playing Field: Proposed legislation would dramatically change New Mexico’s principal oil and gas law
- Community Convinces Air Quality Board to Hold Public Hearing
- Air Quality Control Board Votes Unanimously to Hold a Public Hearing on Proposed Equity Impacts Regulation
- Mountain View Coalition Action Today in Albuquerque
- The Easy Road For Bernalillo County Air Quality Polluters Is Closing