Our clients, the Southwest Organizing Project (SWOP), New Mexico Voices for Children, New Mexico State Senator Mimi Stewart, New Mexico State Senator Antoinette Sedillo Lopez, New Mexico State Representative G. Andrés Romero, and three residents of the impacted area filed a Complaint for Injunctive Relief against the U.S. Air Force and the U.S. Department of Defense. The Complaint alleges that the Air Force has failed to respond in a timely and effective manner to the “imminent and substantial endangerment to health or the environment” resulting from the decades-long leak at the Kirtland Air Force Base Bulk Fuels Facility and its associated plume of ethylene dibromide (EDB). You can read the Press Release.
- IACHR Makes Historic “Promotional Visit” to Churchrock & Crownpoint New Mexico
- Albuquerque Plastic Fire Gives Air Regulators Opportunity ‘to Make the Right Decision’
- Board of Regents Approve RPSP Requests
- Navajo Nation Community Pushes to Have Uranium Mine Waste Moved to Nearby Landfill
- Albuquerque Journal Business Outlook Briefcase: New hires, Applause, Etc.