Our clients, the Southwest Organizing Project (SWOP), New Mexico Voices for Children, New Mexico State Senator Mimi Stewart, New Mexico State Senator Antoinette Sedillo Lopez, New Mexico State Representative G. Andrés Romero, and three residents of the impacted area filed a Complaint for Injunctive Relief against the U.S. Air Force and the U.S. Department of Defense. The Complaint alleges that the Air Force has failed to respond in a timely and effective manner to the “imminent and substantial endangerment to health or the environment” resulting from the decades-long leak at the Kirtland Air Force Base Bulk Fuels Facility and its associated plume of ethylene dibromide (EDB). You can read the Press Release.
- Petition on Diné Human Rights Violations Accepted for Merits Hearing
- New Mexico Oil Oversight Agency, with Restored Authority, Plugs Orphaned Wells, Issues Fines
- Mountain View Neighborhood Wins Small Victory In Fight Against Asphalt Plant
- City Environmental Health Department Withdraws Motions to Disqualify Air Quality Control Board Members
- Mountain View is City’s Industrial Sacrifice Zone