On February 11th, Senator Udall (D-NM) and Representative Lowenthal (D-CA) introduced the Break Free From Plastic Pollution Act – groundbreaking legislation that tackles the plastic pollution crisis head on. The act calls for a national bottle bill, bans certain polluting products, temporarily pauses the development of new plastic facilities, sets new standards for minimum recycled content, institutes a carryout bag fee, prevents waste from being shipped overseas, requires manufacturers to collect and recycle materials, and protects existing state policy designed to curb the use of single-use plastic. The Law Center signed onto the legislation.
- NM Environmental Law Center & NukeWatch NM Denounce LANL’s Resumed Plans for Radioactive Tritium Releases
- Can’t Keep Up: EPA rolls back regulations during pandemic, shifts burden to states, tribes
- New Mexico Environmental Law Center Welcomes New Executive Director and a New Era in Environmental Justice
- Community-Based, Environmental and Civil Rights Activists Across Country Issue Statement and Unified Demands
- New Mexico Groups Appeal EPA’s Dirty Water Rule