On February 11th, Senator Udall (D-NM) and Representative Lowenthal (D-CA) introduced the Break Free From Plastic Pollution Act – groundbreaking legislation that tackles the plastic pollution crisis head on. The act calls for a national bottle bill, bans certain polluting products, temporarily pauses the development of new plastic facilities, sets new standards for minimum recycled content, institutes a carryout bag fee, prevents waste from being shipped overseas, requires manufacturers to collect and recycle materials, and protects existing state policy designed to curb the use of single-use plastic. The Law Center signed onto the legislation.
- Proposal in South Santa Fe Has Kids Speaking out on Environmental Justice
- Southside Community Comes out in Full Force against the Proposed Asphalt Plant Permit in Spite of Systemic Barriers to Participation
- Air Quality Permit for Asphalt Company Considered
- Southside Residents Oppose Asphalt Plant Proposal
- Private Right of Action Supports a Healthy Environment