On February 11th, Senator Udall (D-NM) and Representative Lowenthal (D-CA) introduced the Break Free From Plastic Pollution Act – groundbreaking legislation that tackles the plastic pollution crisis head on. The act calls for a national bottle bill, bans certain polluting products, temporarily pauses the development of new plastic facilities, sets new standards for minimum recycled content, institutes a carryout bag fee, prevents waste from being shipped overseas, requires manufacturers to collect and recycle materials, and protects existing state policy designed to curb the use of single-use plastic. The Law Center signed onto the legislation.
- BernCo, Don’t Let Another Polluter into the South Valley
- The “Culligan Man” Might be the New Water Source for Santolina Developers
- Community Responds to Bernalillo County Commission Approval of Santolina Tire Dump
- 2nd Annual National Green Amendment Day Tackles Environmental Injustice Through Collective Action
- Community Opposition Forces Santolina Hearing to Reschedule