On February 11th, Senator Udall (D-NM) and Representative Lowenthal (D-CA) introduced the Break Free From Plastic Pollution Act – groundbreaking legislation that tackles the plastic pollution crisis head on. The act calls for a national bottle bill, bans certain polluting products, temporarily pauses the development of new plastic facilities, sets new standards for minimum recycled content, institutes a carryout bag fee, prevents waste from being shipped overseas, requires manufacturers to collect and recycle materials, and protects existing state policy designed to curb the use of single-use plastic. The Law Center signed onto the legislation.
- Changing the Playing Field: Proposed legislation would dramatically change New Mexico’s principal oil and gas law
- Community Convinces Air Quality Board to Hold Public Hearing
- Air Quality Control Board Votes Unanimously to Hold a Public Hearing on Proposed Equity Impacts Regulation
- Mountain View Coalition Action Today in Albuquerque
- The Easy Road For Bernalillo County Air Quality Polluters Is Closing