On February 11th, Senator Udall (D-NM) and Representative Lowenthal (D-CA) introduced the Break Free From Plastic Pollution Act – groundbreaking legislation that tackles the plastic pollution crisis head on. The act calls for a national bottle bill, bans certain polluting products, temporarily pauses the development of new plastic facilities, sets new standards for minimum recycled content, institutes a carryout bag fee, prevents waste from being shipped overseas, requires manufacturers to collect and recycle materials, and protects existing state policy designed to curb the use of single-use plastic. The Law Center signed onto the legislation.
- Petition on Diné Human Rights Violations Accepted for Merits Hearing
- New Mexico Oil Oversight Agency, with Restored Authority, Plugs Orphaned Wells, Issues Fines
- Mountain View Neighborhood Wins Small Victory In Fight Against Asphalt Plant
- City Environmental Health Department Withdraws Motions to Disqualify Air Quality Control Board Members
- Mountain View is City’s Industrial Sacrifice Zone