On February 11th, Senator Udall (D-NM) and Representative Lowenthal (D-CA) introduced the Break Free From Plastic Pollution Act – groundbreaking legislation that tackles the plastic pollution crisis head on. The act calls for a national bottle bill, bans certain polluting products, temporarily pauses the development of new plastic facilities, sets new standards for minimum recycled content, institutes a carryout bag fee, prevents waste from being shipped overseas, requires manufacturers to collect and recycle materials, and protects existing state policy designed to curb the use of single-use plastic. The Law Center signed onto the legislation.
- ABQ Mayor Vetoes Bills That Would Have Purged Air Quality Control Board
- ABQ City Council Passes Bill to Abolish Current Air Board
- A Cruel Movida Against Environmental Justice
- Boarding Up: New legislation would stifle Albuquerque’s current Air Quality Board and replace it with a new one
- IACHR Makes Historic “Promotional Visit” to Churchrock & Crownpoint New Mexico