On February 11th, Senator Udall (D-NM) and Representative Lowenthal (D-CA) introduced the Break Free From Plastic Pollution Act – groundbreaking legislation that tackles the plastic pollution crisis head on. The act calls for a national bottle bill, bans certain polluting products, temporarily pauses the development of new plastic facilities, sets new standards for minimum recycled content, institutes a carryout bag fee, prevents waste from being shipped overseas, requires manufacturers to collect and recycle materials, and protects existing state policy designed to curb the use of single-use plastic. The Law Center signed onto the legislation.
- NM Begins Methane Rule Hearing
- A Report on Environmental Racism in NM, a Report Showing Small Business Covid Relief Went to Big Corps, Stunning New GA Polls & a Report Asking When Are Trump’s Actions Sedition?
- Biden, Kerry, Asphalt Fumes in the South Valley and “World War Zero”
- Targeted for Pollution: Southside Coalition Beefs Up With Technical Expert, Lawyers in Fight Against Asphalt Plant
- South Valley Neighborhood Appeals City’s Air Permit for Proposed Asphalt Plant