On March 31, 2020, the Mining and Minerals Division (MMD) of the Energy, Minerals and Natural Resources Department, rescinded its prior determination that the permit application for the Copper Flat Mine is technically complete. According to the MMD’s order, the mining company’s mine permit application is incomplete because the mining company has not demonstrated that it holds adequate water rights to operate the mine and – more important – to reclaim the mine. Until the mining company can demonstrate that it has sufficient water rights to operate and reclaim the mine, the application will not go forward. Read the Press Release.
- ABQ Mayor Vetoes Bills That Would Have Purged Air Quality Control Board
- ABQ City Council Passes Bill to Abolish Current Air Board
- A Cruel Movida Against Environmental Justice
- Boarding Up: New legislation would stifle Albuquerque’s current Air Quality Board and replace it with a new one
- IACHR Makes Historic “Promotional Visit” to Churchrock & Crownpoint New Mexico