On March 31, 2020, the Mining and Minerals Division (MMD) of the Energy, Minerals and Natural Resources Department, rescinded its prior determination that the permit application for the Copper Flat Mine is technically complete. According to the MMD’s order, the mining company’s mine permit application is incomplete because the mining company has not demonstrated that it holds adequate water rights to operate the mine and – more important – to reclaim the mine. Until the mining company can demonstrate that it has sufficient water rights to operate and reclaim the mine, the application will not go forward. Read the Press Release.
- Petition on Diné Human Rights Violations Accepted for Merits Hearing
- New Mexico Oil Oversight Agency, with Restored Authority, Plugs Orphaned Wells, Issues Fines
- Mountain View Neighborhood Wins Small Victory In Fight Against Asphalt Plant
- City Environmental Health Department Withdraws Motions to Disqualify Air Quality Control Board Members
- Mountain View is City’s Industrial Sacrifice Zone