On March 31, 2020, the Mining and Minerals Division (MMD) of the Energy, Minerals and Natural Resources Department, rescinded its prior determination that the permit application for the Copper Flat Mine is technically complete. According to the MMD’s order, the mining company’s mine permit application is incomplete because the mining company has not demonstrated that it holds adequate water rights to operate the mine and – more important – to reclaim the mine. Until the mining company can demonstrate that it has sufficient water rights to operate and reclaim the mine, the application will not go forward. Read the Press Release.
- BernCo, Don’t Let Another Polluter into the South Valley
- The “Culligan Man” Might be the New Water Source for Santolina Developers
- Community Responds to Bernalillo County Commission Approval of Santolina Tire Dump
- 2nd Annual National Green Amendment Day Tackles Environmental Injustice Through Collective Action
- Community Opposition Forces Santolina Hearing to Reschedule