On March 31, 2020, the Mining and Minerals Division (MMD) of the Energy, Minerals and Natural Resources Department, rescinded its prior determination that the permit application for the Copper Flat Mine is technically complete. According to the MMD’s order, the mining company’s mine permit application is incomplete because the mining company has not demonstrated that it holds adequate water rights to operate the mine and – more important – to reclaim the mine. Until the mining company can demonstrate that it has sufficient water rights to operate and reclaim the mine, the application will not go forward. Read the Press Release.
- Proposal in South Santa Fe Has Kids Speaking out on Environmental Justice
- Southside Community Comes out in Full Force against the Proposed Asphalt Plant Permit in Spite of Systemic Barriers to Participation
- Air Quality Permit for Asphalt Company Considered
- Southside Residents Oppose Asphalt Plant Proposal
- Private Right of Action Supports a Healthy Environment