On March 31, 2020, the Mining and Minerals Division (MMD) of the Energy, Minerals and Natural Resources Department, rescinded its prior determination that the permit application for the Copper Flat Mine is technically complete. According to the MMD’s order, the mining company’s mine permit application is incomplete because the mining company has not demonstrated that it holds adequate water rights to operate the mine and – more important – to reclaim the mine. Until the mining company can demonstrate that it has sufficient water rights to operate and reclaim the mine, the application will not go forward. Read the Press Release.
- Why won’t City Council address industrial air pollution?
- San Agustin Water Group Holds Fundraiser
- Air Board DENIES All Motions By Industry Trying to Disqualify Board Members Re Proposed Cumulative Impacts (HEEI) Regulation
- Joint Motion Dismisses Permit for Asphalt Plant due to Health Concerns
- South Valley Celebrates Revocation of Asphalt Plant’s Permit