On July 27, 2020 the New Mexico Environmental Law Center is proud to announce and welcome Dr. Virginia Necochea as the organization’s new Executive Director. Dr. Virginia Necochea is a long-time educator, researcher, writer, and community advocate. She is the former executive director and a founding board member of the Center for Social Sustainable Systems (CESOSS), a community-led nonprofit focused on protecting and preserving land and water resources in the Valle de Atrisco (South Valley, NM) and larger Middle Rio Grande region. Read the full Press Release
- ENDAUM v. US Case Reaches Important Milestone with Inter-American Commission on Human Rights
- Groups Worry about New Mexico Governor’s Hydrogen Hub Plan
- What’s Next for the Santolina Development?
- New Mexico Environmentalists Cheer Judge Tossing Trump-Era Water Rule
- Group Continues Long History of Battling Uranium Mining