On December 30, 2018, the Santa Fe New Mexican published an opinion piece written by Mike Neas, a retired homebuilder living in Placitas. The letter appeared first in the Rio Rancho Observer on December 21st. Mr Neas commented on the appointment of Sarah Cottrell Propst as the new Secretary for the Energy Minerals and Natural Resources Department, which includes the Oil Conservation Division and Oil Conservation Commission. Neas notes that the Law Center had recently awarded the two agencies with our annual Toxic Turkey Award.
- Petition Against Uranium Mines Gets Human Rights Hearing
- Petition on Diné Human Rights Violations Accepted for Merits Hearing
- New Mexico Oil Oversight Agency, with Restored Authority, Plugs Orphaned Wells, Issues Fines
- Mountain View Neighborhood Wins Small Victory In Fight Against Asphalt Plant
- City Environmental Health Department Withdraws Motions to Disqualify Air Quality Control Board Members