On December 30, 2018, the Santa Fe New Mexican published an opinion piece written by Mike Neas, a retired homebuilder living in Placitas. The letter appeared first in the Rio Rancho Observer on December 21st. Mr Neas commented on the appointment of Sarah Cottrell Propst as the new Secretary for the Energy Minerals and Natural Resources Department, which includes the Oil Conservation Division and Oil Conservation Commission. Neas notes that the Law Center had recently awarded the two agencies with our annual Toxic Turkey Award.
- New Mexico lawmakers endorse ‘environmental rights’ bill ahead of 2022 Legislative Session
- Heinrich, Lujan look to support ‘clean’ hydrogen through package of U.S. Senate bills
- New Mexico Regulators Approve Shaft at Nuclear Waste Dump
- Diné Communities Seek Justice
- ‘Ignored for 70 years’: human rights group to investigate uranium contamination on Navajo Nation